QUALITY, HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT POLICY
Terra-Marine is committed to provide Ship Owners, Ship Managers and Sea Staff with services of the highest quality in accordance with their requirements and expectation, always ensuring health, safety and environmental protection during services provision.
Responsibility for commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and Environment rests with the highest level of Management in the company.
Terra-Marine will achieve this by;
- Implementing and continuously improving its quality management system in accordance with ISO 9001:2015 (QMS) requirements.
- Emphasis on commitment to Health, Safety and Environment protection (HSE) in accordance with OHSAS 18001:2007 (OH&S MS) and ISO 14001:2015 (EMS).
- Constantly improving skills and competence of Managerial Staff, Support Staff & Sea Staff by ensuring continuous training and awareness.
- Careful monitoring of customer’s ships and Sea Staff performance by trained and experienced managerial staff.
- Ensuring full compliance with all related conventions, laws & regulations.
AT TERRA-MARINE CUSTOMER SATISFACTION IS PARAMOUNT
Terra-Marine shall cater to the customer requirements and expectation through stringent compliance with ISO 9001 & InterManager Standards, ISM Code, and ISPS Code which shall be taken as minimum guidelines for the company’s QHSE System.
Customer’s satisfaction, occupational safety and pollution prevention shall always be paramount and any neglect in this regards could lead to dismissal of the person concerned.
The Company’s QHSE System shall be a live system and under constant review for improvements. Suggestions in this respect shall always be encouraged and welcome from all levels within the Company both afloat and ashore.
Terra-Marine shall unceasingly maintain its:
- Safety Management System (SMS) as per the ISM Code under IMO RES. A.741 (18).
- The requirements of the IMO International Safety Management (ISM) Code.
- The requirements of the IMO International Ship & Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code.
- Adequate resources and shore-based support shall be provided to enable Designated Person ashore and to those responsible for safety and environmental protection to function efficiently.
Customer requirements and expectations shall be taken fully in account in implementation of this policy.